IN PERSON and ONLINE
The Catholic University of Avila (UCAV), in collaboration with the Pontifical Urbaniana University and the Institute for Advanced Studies on Women of the Pontifical University Regina Apostolorum, is promoting an international inter-university congress, scheduled for March 2022, on female doctors of the Church and patrons of Europe.
The aim is to commemorate the anniversaries of the declaration of various women as Doctors of the Church: the 50th anniversary of Catherine of Siena and Teresa of Avila (as well as the 400th anniversary of their canonization on 12 mars 1622), the 25th anniversary of Therese of Lisieux (1997) and the 10th of Hildegard of Bingen (2012). To these female doctors we would like to add the patrons of Europe proclaimed by John Paul II in 1999, Therese Benedicta of the Cross (Edith Stein) and Bridget of Sweden, together with Catherine of Siena.
We believe that in today’s changing world, the message of these saints will be able to offer light and hope in relation to the major issues concerning women. In presenting the relevance of their work, we wish to highlight all those elements that can inspire the pastoral work of the Church in the near future.
The lectures will be in Spanish and Italian and there will be live translation into Spanish, Italian, English and French.
You can see the program of the conference in this link
- Congregation for the Eastern Churches
- Pontifical Council of the Culture
- Embassy of Spain to the Holy See
- Embassy of Italy to the Holy See
- Embassy of France to the Holy See
- Embassy of the European Union to the Holy See
- Embassy of the Germany to the Holy See
- Pontifical University of the Holy Cross
- Pontifical Theological Faculty Teresianum
- UISG – Unione Internazionale Superiore Generali
- Bureau International Catholique de l’Enfance
- Fundación Promoción Social
- Wbf Srl
- L’Oeuvre d’Orient